|Login / Logout / Resources for Consumers / Create a FREE Online Account / Contact Us|
|Membership||Issues||Events||Professional Development||Who We Are||Contact|
DMEF Announces 2011 'Rising Stars' and 'Corporate Commitment' Award Winners
New York, NY, April 6, 2011 — The Direct Marketing Educational Foundation (DMEF) today announced the five winners of its 2011 Rising Stars Awards, and the one distinguished company that has earned its 2011 Corporate Commitment Award.
The Awards will be presented at the Rising Stars Awards Dinner on Tuesday, June 21, from 6:00 to 10:00 p.m., at Gotham Hall in
“Each year, we honor talented young professionals who are making their voices heard in the field of direct/interactive marketing,” said Richard Hochhauser, DMEF Chair. “This year’s impressive Rising Stars Award winners — Shane Atchison, Steve Froehlich, Avinash Kaushik, Megan Pagliuca, and Paull Young — are remarkable not only for their exceptional professional achievements, but also for their firm dedication to bolstering and supporting the education of future generations. Our Corporate Commitment Award winner, Gerber Life Insurance Company, exemplifies superlative educational
2011 DMEF Rising Stars Winners
This annual award pays tribute to the most talented professionals, 40 years or younger, in the field of direct/interactive marketing. Winning candidates have demonstrated superior leadership abilities, including a strong track record of outstanding results, and a stellar reputation for “giving back” through education and mentoring to support future generations in this field.
· Shane Atchison, Founder and CEO, ZAAZ, a division of Wunderman — In 1998, Atchison co-founded ZAAZ to advocate a different approach to Web services — one that respects and delivers on the power of the individual and the promise of Web technologies.
· Steve Froehlich, Vice President, Membership, ASPCA — Froehlich has been with the ASPCA since October 2005. He began his nonprofit career in 1996 as a door-to-door canvasser, and still believes this is the most important job any career fundraiser can hold. He worked at Greenpeace from 2000-2003, as the manager of the monthly giving program. He has also worked for Sanctuary for Families, a domestic violence shelter, and the Brooklyn Historical Society. He currently serves as vice president on the board of directors for the Direct Marketing Fundraisers Association (DMFA). Froehlich has been incredibly open with other marketers, sharing both his successes and failures. His willingness to teach others has made a significant impact on the nonprofit community. Many nonprofits have started DRTV programs because Froehlich encouraged them to think outside the box.
· Avinash Kaushik, Co-Founder, Market Motive and Analytics Evangelist, Google —Through his blog, Occam's Razor, and his best selling books, “Web Analytics: An Hour A Day” and “Web Analytics 2.0,” Kaushik’s middle name is education, having become recognized as an authoritative voice on how marketers, executives teams, and industry leaders can leverage data to fundamentally reinvent their digital existence. 100 percent of proceeds from both of Kaushik’s books are donated to nonprofit organizations. Today, after three years, that amounts to more than $150,000 in nonprofit donations.
· Megan Pagliuca, Vice President of Display Media, Merkle — Pagliuca joined Merkle in November 2010 to lead the display media division, which is focused on delivering targeting, measurement, and insights to advertisers on the Merkle Trading Platform. She is responsible for business development, servicing, and technology partnerships. Prior to joining Merkle, Pagliuca led the Professional Services team at the Right Media Exchange, a Yahoo Company. She was responsible for Right Media’s in-house demand-side platform, including servicing and platform strategy. Pagliuca is an active participant in leading and developing content for the IAB’s Professional Development Program and a member of Step Up Women’s Network which bridges communities of professional women and underserved teen girls through mentorship, networking and advancement, ensuring women and girls have the opportunities they need to create a better future.
· Paull Young, Director of Digital, charity: water — Young serves on the executive
2011 DMEF Corporate Commitment Winner
This award honors companies that regularly demonstrate a commitment to excellence in all areas of direct/interactive marketing education, creating a culture that nurtures talent and education — both internally and within the broader business community.
· Gerber Life Insurance Company — Since 1967, Gerber Life Insurance Company has provided quality life insurance, especially for young families on a limited budget. Gerber Life’s mission is to be the brand that parents trust to help them achieve financial security and protection for their families. Today, Gerber Life is licensed to provide life insurance throughout the
“We are proud to be honored with DMEF’s prestigious Corporate Commitment Award,” said Wes Protheroe, Gerber Life Insurance Company’s president and CEO. “At Gerber Life, we believe education and creating a corporate culture that encourages ongoing learning, professional development, and career fulfillment are essential to nurturing talent — within the company, and across the broader marketing industry. We also recognize the great importance of leading-edge research. To that end, we are working closely with the DMEF through the Robert Kestnbaum Research Program to support in-depth academic research and exploration to develop new marketing models for corporations in today’s fast-paced marketing arena.”
To reserve a table at the 2011 Rising Stars Awards Dinner, please click here.
DMEF will provide complimentary Rising Stars Awards Dinner registration for editorial staff of media outlets that cover education and multichannel direct/interactive-marketing related topics. To request press registration or for photos or further information on the Rising Stars winners, please email email@example.com.
About Direct Marketing Educational Foundation (DMEF)
Since its founding, thousands of students have taken advantage of DMEF’s educational programs, entering the field with the competitive edge of being “workplace-ready.” Many have gone on to become today’s marketing leaders, an indication of the Foundation’s success. In addition, more than 2,200 professors have participated in DMEF programs. For additional information about the DMEF, its mission, and its programs, visit www.directworks.org.
# # #