DMA PRESS REGISTRATION GUIDELINES
Please read carefully as the guidelines may have changed since your last visit.
DMA’s complimentary registrations (offered on a limited basis) are reserved for trade, business, and consumer reporters, as well as analysts who work in the direct marking field and publish with recognized firms.
NOTE: DMA will not issue credentials to: those who write content for non-media websites; blogs; e-newsletters; membership newsletters; or contributing writers not currently under contract with a publication; publishers; corporate officers; sales; advertising; public relations; technical support staff; or any other non-editorial professionals.
Audio and/or video recordings of any kind are STRICTLY PROHIBITED and are not authorized for any DMA conferences or events.
A history of being registered at previous DMA events does not guarantee approval or waive the registration requirements. After supplying proper documentation, DMA will review your credentials and notify you via email whether you are approved or denied. Please note that simply completing the pre-registration process does not guarantee your approval or registration.
Press credentials are provided for editorial purposes only. DMA reserves the right to deny or revoke registration at any time. Press registration will not be granted to those whose intentions, in our judgment, are other than covering DMA events as working members of the press. Registered press are prohibited from engaging in advertising sales activities while attending DMA events.
DMA may share press registration information with conference exhibitors, sponsors, and speakers.
HOW TO SUBMIT A REQUEST FOR DMA PRESS CREDENTIALS
In order to process your request for a complimentary press pass for a DMA event, you must submit the supporting documentation (listed below) along with:
1. Your name
2. Editorial title
4. Physical address
5. Email address
6. Telephone number
7. Fax number
8. Name of the DMA event(s) you wish to attend as press
Registration will not be guaranteed for those who fail to submit the proper documentation in a timely manner.
Please submit your request and documentation via:
Upon approval and/or denial, all media registrants will receive a confirmation of their status via email. Those who do not receive a confirmation may contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
On-site registration at most, though not all, DMA conferences and events is available. The on-site registration process can be time consuming — pre-registration is strongly recommended.
Individuals requesting on-site press registration must meet the same criteria (see below) required for pre-registration.
TRADE, BUSINESS AND CONSUMER PUBLICATIONS
Provide the following three items:
- A business card with your editorial title from an established media outlet
- A current editorial masthead that includes your name and title (hard copy or active online link)
- Two bylined articles published within the last six months
Provide the following items:
- An original letter of assignment, which includes the duration of your assignment, or a copy of your contract from the editor-in-chief at a news organization
- Two samples of bylined articles published within the last six months
Those not currently under contract are not eligible for press credentials.
Writers and analysts from internationally recognized market research firms or financial institutions who write on a consistent basis for regularly published reports must provide the following items:
- A business card with editorial/analyst title
- A bylined copy of a white paper, briefing or report with a direct/marketing/ advertising/interactive topic, published within the last six months (hard copy or active online link)
DMA classifies foreign journalists as any individual whose original work is not in the English language.
Pre-registration with the following documentation is required:
- An original and official letter of assignment (which includes the duration of your assignment) in English
- A business card with your editorial title
- An active website with translation capabilities
- Two samples of bylined articles published within the last six months OR
- Two video or audio clips broadcast within the past six months
For additional information, please email email@example.com or call 212.768.7277.
back to top