The Teleservices Excellence Award
The DMA Teleservices Council annually presents the Teleservices Excellence Award, recognizing an individual or company that makes a difference to the success and growth of the teleservices industry. It acknowledges the recipient as one of the best of the best in the industry.
This year's awards will be presented at the 23rd Annual DMA Teleservices Conference, June 10-12, 2007 at the Palms in Las Vegas.
The criteria is as follows:
- Innovation: Must have developed state-of-the-art techniques or creative approaches in either teleservices operations or marketing strategy
- Willingness to Share: Has given back to the industry through teaching and the development or mentoring of others
- Quality: Has consistently displayed a strong commitment to quality
- Ethics: Has adhered to ethical business standards and practices as outlined in The DMA Guidelines
- Track Record/History: Has shown an exemplary level of competence and professionalism and made significant industry contributions over time
- Leadership: Has played an active role in the industry, taken a stand on critical issues, and has helped to enhance the image and growth of professional teleservices
- Beacon/Benchmark/Model: Has set a standard of excellence that can be emulated
If you know an individual who deserves this recognition download the nomination form and return it to Kelli Hornachek via email or fax by Friday, March 23.
Return form to:
or Fax: 212.768.4546
2006 - John Crouthamel, zConnex
John Crouthamel's career in direct marketing began 28 years ago at Grolier Incorporated where his management skills and vision enabled the company to design, develop, and launch the first automated outbound telephone dialing and data management system of its kind.
Today, as founder and CEO of zConnex Group, Crouthamel, brings a multitude of corporate leadership in the direct marketing industry to the company. In addition to his role as CEO, he is responsible for Interactive Voice Response (IVR), Call Center CRM Quality, and Voice Technology interface programs.
Prior to founding zConnex Group, Crouthamel served as vice president of Network Services at WebMD in the company's Practice Service division. He also was a co-founder of Intelogistics, Inc., where he served as president and CEO until the company joined forces with Prosodie Interactive. He also served as president of FirstCall Communications, which earned four awards during his tenure, including the American Telemarketing Association's prestigious TELO AWARD.
2005 - Gary Taylor, InfoCision Management Corporation
Gary Taylor is President of InfoCision Management Corporation (IMC). He has more than 28 years experience in direct marketing, fundraising, advertising, and the teleservice industry. In 1982, working out of his home, he started IMC. Under Taylor's leadership, InfoCision has appeared in the top 100 on the Inc. 500 list, which recognizes the fastest growing companies in the country.
2004 - Larry Kaplan, TeleBusinessUSA
2003 - Kathryn Barber, Barber Consulting Services
2002 - Sandy Pernick, S. Pernick & Associates
2001 - Jon Hamilton, JHA Telemanagement
2000 - Allstate Motor Club
1999 - Ron Bruggman, Omaha Steaks
1998 - Philip Cohen, Philip Cohen Consultant AB (Sweden)
1997 - Roberta Black, Dialogue Marketing
1996 - Joan Mullen, Ron Weber & Associates
1995 - JCPenney Life Insurance Company
1994 - Liz Kislick, Liz Kislik Associates
1993 - Olan Mills, Inc.
1992 - Ron Weber, Ron Weber & Associates
1992 - Sturner & Klein
1991 - Geri Gantman, Oetting & Company
1991 - Spiegel
1990 - Peg Kuman, The Power Line
1989 - John Adams, DialAmerica Marketing, Inc.
1988 - Fred Tregaskis, Olan Mills, Inc.
1987 - General Electric Answer Center
1986 - Rudy Oetting, Oetting & Company
1983 - Murray Roman (posthumously)
1983 - Sheraton Corporation
For more information, please contact Kelli Hornachek at (212) 768-7277 ext. 1514 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
back to top