|Login / Logout / Resources for Consumers / Create a FREE Online Account / Contact Us|
|Membership||Issues||Events||Professional Development||Who We Are||Contact|
DMEF Names 2012 Officers and Trustees of the Board
July 20, 2011 — The Direct Marketing Educational Foundation (DMEF) Board today announced the election of 2011-2012 officers, 11 new trustees and term renewals and extensions of its Board of Trustees, as well as members of its prestigious Chair’s Advisory Council. The terms commence on October 1 at DMEF’s Annual Meeting, which will be held at the Fairmont Copley Plaza in Boston, Massachusetts.
2011–2012 DMEF Officers
Officers joining DMEF Chair Richard Hochhauser, former president and chief executive officer of Harte-Hanks, Inc., who took the reins in October 2010 for a two-year term, are: Craig Wood, founder and chief executive officer, Clarity Group, as vice chair; Lawrence M. Kimmel, chief executive officer, DMA, as vice chair / DMA; Rob Stagno, president, ParadyszAnalytics, as secretary; and serving as co-treasurers will be Linda Gridley, president and CEO, Gridley & Associates and James McQuaid, chairman, MetroGroup Corporation; and Terri L. Bartlett, president and CEO, Direct Marketing Educational Foundation.
“As we prepare to operationalize our 2011 Strategic Plan, never has our Board been more critical to the focus, growth, and continued success of this organization,” said Board Chairman Richard Hochhauser. “Each and every trustee has been named to help further the DMEF’s mission, which is why I am particularly proud to introduce the new slate of officers, corporate and academic trustees, and the special Chair’s Advisory Council, whom we will turn to for guidance and direction in the coming year. Before closing, I would like to take this opportunity to thank each of the trustees who are moving off the Board in October for their dedicated service over the past year(s).”
New Board Members
The DMEF Board of Trustees elected the following 11 new members:
· Dennis Armbruster, Managing Partner, LoyaltyOne Consulting
· Harold M. Brierley, Chairman, Brierley + Partners
· Karen Isenberg, SVP, Specialists Marketing Services
· Gretchen Littlefield, President, Infogroup Nonprofit
· Rand Schulman, Managing Director at Schulman + Thorogood Partners, CMO of Eightfold Logic
· Chuck Sharp, CEO, Right Intel
· Christine Slusarek, Executive Director, Time Consumer Marketing
· Paull Young, Director of Digital, charity : water
DMA Representative / Corporate Trustee:
· Dawn Zier, President-Europe, The Reader’s Digest Association
· Donna Hoffman, Albert O. Steffey Professor of Marketing, Co-Director of Sloan Center for Internet Retailing, University of California, Riverside
· Charlotte Mason, Professor and Head, Department of Marketing, and Director of the Coca-Cola Center for Marketing Studies, University of Georgia
In addition, the following identifies Board Trustees and their status if affected by the Board vote, as they prepare to serve during the coming year:
· Christine Aguilera, President, SkyMall
· Dan Aks, C3Multimedia LLC
· Craig Dempster, Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, Merkle, Inc.
· Andrea Derricks, Associate, L2 Think Tank (3-year term renewal)
· Bryan Eisenberg, Managing Partner, Eisenberg & Associates
· Scott Ellis, Chief Executive, Rocketseed
· Peter Fader, Ph.D., Professor of Marketing, Co-Director - Wharton Customer Analytics Initiative, University of Pennsylvania
· Barry Herstein, Global CMO, Snapfish
· Donald Hinman, Ph.D., SVP, Product Development, Data Services, Epsilon Data Management
· Warren Hunter, Chairman and CEO, DMW Direct
· Ben Isaacson, Privacy & Compliance Leader, Experian
· Kent Johnson, CEO, Highlights for Children, Inc.
· Marjorie Kalter, Ph.D., Clinical Professor, Integrated Marketing, New York University (3-year term renewal)
· Gary Laben, CEO, KBM Group
· Lin MacMaster, Director, Membership Development, Group Health Cooperative
· Beatriz Mallory, Director, Channel Strategy – Multicultural Marketing, Ortho-McNeil-Janssen Pharmaceuticals
· Drew May, Regional Sales Leader, North American, Acxiom (3-year term renewal)
· Matt McGowan, Head of US, Publisher, Incisive Media
· Ingrid McGuire, Director, Direct Marketing & Distribution (Americas Communications & Marketing), Ernst & Young
· Wesley Protheroe, President and CEO, Gerber Life Insurance Company
· Joseph Pych, Founder and President, NextMark (3-year term renewal)
· Jay Schwedelson, President, Worldata
· Michael Sherman, Senior Advisor, Peter J. Solomon Company (3-year term renewal)
· Russ Winer, Ph.D., William Joyce Professor of Marketing, Chair of Marketing Department, New York University
2011 – 2012 DMEF Chair’s Advisory Council:
Three years ago the Chair’s Advisory Council was introduced to allow key trustees to continue to serve the DMEF based on a project and/or initiative introduced. Members of this esteemed group for 2012 will include:
· John Deighton, Ph.D., Professor, Harvard Business School
· Kate Kestnbaum, President, KesTry
· Tim Litle, Chairman, Litle & Co.
· John Temple, Former CEO, Guidepost
The following Board Trustees will retire from the Board effective October 1:
· Brad Bentley, Senior Vice President – Revenue Strategy & Planning, DIRECTV
· John Deighton, Ph.D., Professor, Harvard Business School
· JoAnne Monfradi Dunn, President & CEO, Alliant
· Marisa Edmund, VP, Marketing & Communications, Edmund Optics | Worldwide
· Liz Kislik, President, Liz Kislik Associates
· Peg Kuman, CEO, Relevate
· Dr. V. Kumar, Professor, Georgia State University
· Brian Kurtz, EVP, Boardroom
· Larry May, SVP for Strategic Development, Infogroup
· Seth Radwell, CMO, Guthy-Renker
· Jack Rosenfeld, Chairman, Potpourri Group
About Direct Marketing Educational Foundation (DMEF)
Headquartered in New York City, the Direct Marketing Educational Foundation (DMEF) works to attract, educate, and place top college students in the business of direct/interactive marketing and, thereby, expanding and enriching the talent pool of trained, market-ready marketers. Established in 1966 by members of the Direct Marketing Association (DMA) who wanted to give something back to the community, DMEF is today a separate, 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation that is supported solely by tax-deductible contributions from individuals and companies. Tax-deductible contributions are the lifeblood of the DMEF; funds raised support a broad range of world-class educational programs and scholarships.
Since its founding, thousands of students have taken advantage of DMEF’s educational programs, entering the field with the competitive edge of being “workplace-ready.” Many have gone on to become today’s marketing leaders, an indication of the Foundation’s success. In addition, more than 2,000 professors have participated in DMEF programs. For additional information about the DMEF, its mission, and its programs, visit www.directworks.org.
About Direct Marketing Association (DMA)
The Direct Marketing Association (www.the-dma.org) is the leading global trade association of businesses and nonprofit organizations using and supporting multichannel direct marketing tools and techniques. DMA advocates standards for responsible marketing, promotes relevance as the key to reaching consumers with desirable offers, and provides cutting-edge research, education, and networking opportunities to improve results throughout the end-to-end direct marketing process. Founded in 1917, DMA today represents companies from dozens of vertical industries in the US and 48 other nations, including nearly half of the Fortune 100 companies, as well as nonprofit organizations.
In 2010, marketers – commercial and nonprofit – spent $153.3 billion on direct marketing, which accounted for 54.2% of all ad expenditures in the United States. Measured against total US sales, these advertising expenditures generated approximately $1.798 trillion in incremental sales. In 2010, direct marketing accounted for 8.3% of total US gross domestic product. Also in 2010, there were 1.4 million direct marketing employees in the US. Their collective sales efforts directly supported 8.4 million other jobs, accounting for a total of 9.8 million US jobs.
# # #