|Login / Logout / Resources for Consumers / Create a FREE Online Account / Contact Us|
|Membership||Issues||Events||Professional Development||Who We Are||Contact|
Direct Marketing Educational Foundation Elects Richard Hochhauser 2011 Chairman of the Board
Eleven New Trustees of the DMEF Board Are Elected for 2010–2011
San Francisco, CA, October 9, 2010 — The Direct Marketing Educational Foundation (DMEF) today announced the election of new officers and 11 new members to its Board of Trustees for 2010-2011. The terms commenced earlier today at DMEF’s Annual Meeting, which was held at the Fairmont Hotel in San Francisco, California.
2010–2011 DMEF Officers
The DMEF Board of Trustees elected Richard Hochhauser, former president and chief executive officer, Harte-Hanks, Inc., as chairman. A marketing veteran, Hochhauser retired from Harte-Hanks in 2008, after 33 years of service. During his tenure, he led the company through its expansion, and was known as an industry leader. He is past Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Direct Marketing Association, as well as a board member of the Center for Direct and Interactive Marketing Board of Advisors of NYU's School of Continuing and Professional Studies. He has also served on the Advisory Board of Texas A&M University, Center for Retailing Studies and was a member of the board of directors of Modem Media, Inc.
Officers joining Hochhauser for the 2010-2011 term are: Craig Wood, founder and chief executive officer, Clarity Group, as vice chairman; Lawrence M. Kimmel, chief executive officer, DMA; JoAnne Monfradi Dunn, founder and chief executive officer, Alliant Cooperative Data Solutions as secretary; Seth Radwell, chief marketing officer, Guthy-Renker, as treasurer; and Terri L. Bartlett, president, Direct Marketing Educational Foundation.
“I am honored to be given the opportunity to lead this organization, knowing that I’m stepping on the shoulders of Gary Laben. His outstanding leadership has been instrumental to our successes over the past two years,” said newly elected Board Chairman Richard Hochhauser. “Recognized as the go-to source among educators, researchers, employers and students, DMEF is delivering on its mission through valuable resources which serve the needs of these constituent groups. We’re just hitting our stride!”
“Our Board, staff, and supporter base are energized as we all recognize the critical mission to identify and place the next generation of leaders in this evolving field of direct/interactive marketing,” said DMEF President
New Board Members
The DMEF Board of Trustees elected the following 11 new members:
· Dan Aks, Senior Vice President and Chief of Staff, McGraw-Hill Education
· Scott Ellis, Chief Executive Officer, Rocketseed
· Linda Gridley, President and Chief Executive Officer, Gridley & Company LLC
· Barry Herstein, General Manager, Americas and Chief Marketing Officer, Snapfish
· Ben Isaacson, Privacy and Compliance Leader, Experian
· Matt McGowan, Publisher and Head of the US Division, Incisive Media; SES Symposium
· Lin MacMaster, Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, Group Health
· Daniel Stepanic, cTRAC
· Ruth Stevens, eMarketing Solutions
· V. Kumar, PhD, Professor, Georgia State University
In addition, the following Board Trustees will serve during the coming year:
· Christine Aguilera, President, SkyMall
· Brad Bentley, Senior Vice President, Marketing and Direct Sales, DIRECTV, Inc.
· G. Steven Dapper, Chairman and Founder, hawkeye
· John Deighton, Ph.D., Professor, Harvard University
· Craig Dempster, Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, Merkle, Inc.
· Andrea Derricks, Associate, Goodman&Company
· Marisa Edmund, Vice President, Marketing & Communications, Edmund Optics | America
· Bryan Eisenberg, Eisenberg & Associates
· Peter Fader, Ph.D., Professor, The Wharton School
· Donald Hinman, Ph.D., Senior Vice President, Product Development, Data Services, Epsilon Data Management
· Warren Hunter, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, DMW Direct
· Kent Johnson, Chief Executive Officer, Highlights for Children, Inc.
· Marjorie Kalter, PhD, Clinical Professor, New York University
· Liz Kislik, President, Liz Kislik Associates LLC
· Peg Kuman, Chief Executive Officer, Telematch, Inc.
· Brian Kurtz, Vice President, Boardroom, Inc.
· Gary S. Laben, Chief Executive Officer, KnowledgeBase Marketing
· Beatriz Mallory, Ortho-McNeil-Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; Johnson&Johnson
· Drew May, Leader, North American Sales Group, Acxiom
· Larry May, Chief Executive Officer, Direct Media Inc.
· Ingrid McGuire, Americas Director, Direct Marketing & Distribution, Ernst & Young
· James McQuaid, Chairman, MetroGroup Corporation
· Wesley Protheroe, President and Chief Executive Officer, Gerber Life Insurance Company
· Joseph Pych, Founder and President, NextMark, Inc.
· Jack Rosenfeld, Chairman, Potpourri Group, Inc.
· Jay Schwedelson, Corporate Vice President, Worldata, Inc.
· Jerry Shereshewsky, Chief Grown-Up, GrownUpMarketing
· Michael Sherman, Senior Advisor, Peter J. Solomon Company
· Robert Stagno, President, Paradysz Analytics, ParadyszMatera
· Daniel Stepanic, cTRAC
· Russ Winer, PhD, Professor, New York University
The following 2009-2010 Board Trustees have retired from service:
· Allen W. Dyon, Chief Marketing Officer, DMRA
· Ellen Junger, Senior Vice President, Hallmark Cards, Inc.
· Pamela Larrick, Strategic Consultant, Interpublic Group
· Jack Schibrowsky, PhD, Professor, University of Nevada, Las Vegas
About Direct Marketing Educational Foundation (DMEF)
Headquartered in New York City, the Direct Marketing Educational Foundation (DMEF) works to attract, educate, and place top college students in the business of direct/interactive marketing and, thereby, expanding and enriching the talent pool of trained, market-ready marketers. Established in 1966 by members of the Direct Marketing Association (DMA) who wanted to give something back to the community, DMEF is today a separate, 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation that is supported solely by tax-deductible contributions from individuals and companies. Tax-deductible contributions are the lifeblood of the DMEF; funds raised support a broad range of world-class educational programs and scholarships.
Since its founding, thousands of students have taken advantage of DMEF’s educational programs, entering the field with the competitive edge of being “workplace-ready.” Many have gone on to become today’s marketing leaders, an indication of the Foundation’s success. In addition, more than 2,000 professors have participated in DMEF programs. Thanks in significant part to the Foundation’s four decades of work, today approximately 255 colleges and universities offer courses in direct/interactive marketing, 31 of which now offer specific direct marketing degrees and certificate programs. For additional information about the DMEF, its mission, and its programs, visit www.directworks.org.
# # #