|Login / Logout / Resources for Consumers / Create a FREE Online Account / Contact Us|
|Membership||Issues||Events||Professional Development||Who We Are||Contact|
DMA08 Welcomes Attendees to Las Vegas, the "Entertainment Capital of the World"
Wayne Brady, Bette Midler, and Beatles’ ‘Love’ Cirque du Soleil Entice
During Exhibition Set for October 11 – 16 in
New York, NY, July 21, 2008 — Attendees at the Direct Marketing Association’s (DMA) DMA08 Conference & Exhibition, the Global Event for Integrated Marketing, will find that Las Vegas is definitely not just a place to gamble. The “Entertainment Capital of the World” boasts a variety of attractions that will keep conference-goers entertained throughout the six-day event, which runs between October 11 and 16.
Additionally, many casinos are now offering fascinating exhibits, such as the
“Of course, DMA08 will have attendees from around the globe fully connected to cutting-edge technology and solutions, comprehensive education, and world-class keynote speakers,” said
DMA will present an impressive array of special events, including:
· The fun will begin Saturday evening, October 11 at the DMA08 Kickoff Party at Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino’s Privé Nightclub, one of
· That same evening, the Direct Marketing Educational Foundation will present its Annual Awards Dinner, where hundreds of direct marketing leaders will honor the 2008 recipients of the prestigious Edward N. Mayer, Jr. Education Leadership Award, the DMEF Corporate Leadership Award, and the Robert B. Clarke Outstanding Educator Award. The gala, which requires a RSVP, begins at 6 p.m. at the Bellagio Las Vegas.
· On Tuesday evening, October 14, it’s back to the opulent Bellagio, where “Tonight Show” host Jay Leno will headline the 2008 International ECHO Awards Ceremony & Gala. The event honors the world’s best direct marketing campaigns. Immediately following the Gala, follow the beautiful people to the ECHO After Party at The Bank.
When not at DMA08, conferees will have a number of other events to attend, including:
· Wayne Brady at The Venetian: October 15 and 16, 9 p.m., 866.641.7469, www.venetian.com.
· LOVE by Cirque du Soleil: Open Daily (except for Tuesday and Wednesday), 7 p.m. and 10 p.m., Love Theatre, 1.800.963.9634, www.mirage.com.
· Bette Midler at The Colosseum at
· Bodies…The Exhibition: Open Daily, 10 a.m.-11 p.m., Tropicana Resort and Casino, 702.739.2222, www.tropicanalv.com.
· Titanic: The
For more information about these events and many more, visit www.visitlasvegas.com.
About DMA08 Conference & Exhibition
The DMA08 Annual Conference & Exhibition, the Global Event for Integrated Marketing, is the world’s largest gathering of multichannel marketing professionals. DMA08, which will be held October 11-16 in
For information about DMA08 exhibition and sponsorship opportunities, please contact
DMA provides complimentary registrations for editorial staff of media outlets covering multichannel direct marketing. To request press registration, please email DMA at email@example.com. For information about DMA’s requirements for press credentials, visit http://www.the-dma.org/press/pressevents.shtml. For additional information or queries, contact DMA at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212.768.7277, ext. 1422.
About Direct Marketing Association (DMA)
The Direct Marketing Association (www.the-dma.org) is the leading global trade association of businesses and nonprofit organizations using and supporting multichannel direct marketing tools and techniques. DMA advocates standards for responsible marketing, promotes relevance as the key to reaching consumers with desirable offers, and provides cutting-edge research, education, and networking opportunities to improve results throughout the end-to-end direct marketing process. Founded in 1917, DMA today represents nearly 3,600 companies from dozens of vertical industries in the
In 2007, marketers — commercial and nonprofit — spent $173.2 billion on direct marketing in the
The Power of Direct: Relevance. Responsibility. Results.
# # #