|Login / Logout / Resources for Consumers / Create a FREE Online Account / Contact Us|
|Membership||Issues||Events||Professional Development||Who We Are||Contact|
Direct Marketing Educational Foundation Elects New Board, Re-Elects Chairman Al Dyon
Nine New Members of the DMEF Board Are Elected for 2007–2008
Chicago, IL, October 13, 2007 — The Direct Marketing Educational Foundation (DMEF) today elected officers and nine new members to its Board of Trustees. They will oversee the Foundation, which is moving forward in 2007–2008 with a recharged mission to exponentially improve service to the direct/interactive marketing community of educators, professionals, and students.
“The DMEF Board of Trustees has worked tirelessly over the past year to significantly reposition the Foundation to meet the changing — and expanding — needs of the direct/interactive marketplace,” said re-elected Board Chairman Al Dyon, the chief marketing officer of DMRA. “We owe a huge debt to the outgoing board members, who have devoted their time and expertise to help us re-establish the organization. And the board has elected a new, very impressive group of talented and committed individuals to pass the baton.”
DMEF President Terri L. Bartlett added, “The leadership and staff of the DMEF are delighted to welcome the distinguished professionals who are joining our Board of Trustees. The bar has been raised at the DMEF. The high caliber of programs, events, and activities represents a new level of engagement for the direct/interactive marketing community. Our new trustees are prepared to join their Board colleagues to build on the solid successes of the previous board, taking the organization to a whole new level to meet the needs of academics, practitioners, and students alike.”
2007–2008 DMEF Officers
The DMEF Board of Trustees re-elected as Chairman Al Dyon, chief marketing officer of DMRA, a database and analytics firm based in Palo Alto, CA, where he manages accounts and business development functions. Prior to DMRA, he served as president of Allstate Motor Club, where he spent more than 30 years of his career. In 1995, Dyon served as the Direct Marketing Association’s (DMA) chairman after serving on its Board of Directors for 11 years. He spent two terms as DMEF’s vice chairman, before taking the reins as chairman last year.
Dyon is rejoined by Gary Laben, president and CEO of KnowledgeBase Marketing, as vice chairman/chairman-elect; DMA President & CEO John A. Greco, Jr. as vice chairman; and Thomas J. “Tim” Litle, chairman, Litle & Company. as secretary. They now will be joined by Treasurer Peg Kuman, president of PDS-Anchor.
New Board Members
The DMEF Board of Trustees elected the following nine new members:
· Craig Dempster, Corporate Vice President, Merkle
· Peter Fader, Ph.D., Professor, The Wharton School
· Lisa Formica, Vice President, fmi direct, Inc.
· Don Hinman, Ph.D., Executive Vice President, Product Development and Senior Principal, Professional Services Group, The Allant Group
· Kent S. Johnson, Chief Executive Officer, Highlights for Children, Inc.
· Ellen Junger, Senior Vice President, Marketing, Hallmark Cards
· Beatriz Mallory, Chief Executive Officer & Chief Strategist, HispanAmerica
· Donn Rappaport, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, ALC, Inc.
· Jay Schwedelson, Corporate Vice President, Worldata, Inc.
In addition to the officers, the following Board trustees will remain for the coming year:
· Terri L. Bartlett, President, DMEF
· Michael Colucci, CADMEF, Vendant Group, Ltd.
· Pat Corpora, President & CEO, HCI Direct
· John Deighton, Ph.D., Professor, Harvard University
· Lynn Edmonds, President, LW Robbins Associates
· Jonah Gitlitz
· Richard Hochhauser, President & CEO, Harte-Hanks, Inc.
· Frank Hudetz, CEO & President, Solar Communications
· Marjorie Kalter, Clinical Professor, New York University
· Liz Kislik, President, Liz Kislik Associates, LLC
· Brian Kurtz, Executive Vice President, Boardroom, Inc.
· Pamela Larrick, Chief, Digital & CRM Officer, Draftfcb
· Larry May, CEO, Direct Media, Inc.
· Stephen A. McNeely, PSM Media Partners
· Jim McQuaid, Chairman, MetroGroup Corporation
· JoAnne Monfradi-Dunn, President & CEO, Alliant Corporative Data Solutions
· Seth Radwell, President, eScholastic & Scholastic at Home, Scholastic, Inc.
· Jack Rosenfeld, Chairman, Potpourri Group, Inc.
· Jon Roska, CEO & Chief Creative Officer, Roska Direct, Inc.
· Venkatesh Shankar, Ph.D., Professor, Texas A&M University
· Beth Smith, Co-Owner, Smith Browning Direct
· Edward J. Spiegel, President, Spiegel Marketing Associates
· John F. Temple
· John Van Horn, Group President, Lehigh Direct/Arcade Marketing
· Markus Wilhelm, Board Chairman, DMA
· Craig Wood, CEO & Founder, The Clarity Group
· Steve Zuccarini, CEO, InnerWorkings, LLC
The following 2006–2007 Board members have retired from service:
· Jennifer Barrett, Global Privacy Officer, ACXIOM Corporation
· Joan Bennett, Executive Director, DMAWEF, Atlantic List Company
· Claire Brand, Vice President, Gift Wrap, Hallmark Cards, Inc.
· Karen Burns, Director of Business Acquisition, Allstate Motor Club, Inc.
· Lawrence Crutcher, Managing Director, Veronis Suhler Stevenson
· Jim Kobs, President, Kobs Strategic Consulting
· Debbie Megee, Senior Consultant, David Shepard Associates
· Rudy Oetting, Senior Partner, R. H. Oetting & Associates
· Ben Perez, President, Millard Group, Inc.
· Stephen R. Polk, Chairman & CEO, R. L. Polk & Co.
· Helene Schwedelson, COO, Worldata, Inc.
· Lisa Spiller, Professor, Christopher Newport University
About Direct Marketing Educational Foundation (DMEF)
Since its founding, thousands of students have taken advantage of DMEF’s educational programs, entering the field with the competitive edge of being “workplace-ready.” Many have gone on to become today’s direct marketing leaders, an indication of the Foundation’s success. In addition, more than 1,800 professors have participated in DMEF programs. Thanks in significant part to the Foundation’s four decades of work, today approximately 250 colleges and universities offer courses in direct/interactive marketing, 20 of which now offer specific direct marketing degrees and certificate programs. For additional information about the DMEF, its mission, and its programs, visit www.the-dmef.org.
About Direct Marketing Association (DMA)
The Direct Marketing Association (DMA) (www.the-dma.org) is the leading global trade association for business and nonprofit organizations that use and support multichannel direct marketing tools and techniques. DMA advocates standards for responsible marketing, promotes relevance as the key to reaching consumers with desirable and appropriate offers, and provides cutting-edge research, education, and networking opportunities to improve results throughout the end-to-end direct marketing process. Founded in 1917, DMA today represents nearly 3,600 companies from dozens of vertical industries in the
In 2006, marketers — commercial and nonprofit — spent $166.5 billion on direct marketing in the
The Power of Direct: Relevance. Responsibility. Results.
# # #