A Menu of New Offerings at National Conference on Operations & Fulfillment (NCOF) 2008
January 17, 2008 — The menu of new offerings at the 2008 National Conference on Operations & Fulfillment (NCOF) is so rich and extensive, that attendees may find themselves going back for many extra helpings. Larger attendance means expanded activities at NCOF, the only event focused exclusively on the operations and fulfillment challenges and opportunities facing today’s catalog, online, and multichannel retailers.
The Direct Marketing Association (DMA) and Penton Media’s Multichannel Merchant magazine, the co-presenters of the event, are welcoming attendees to NCOF 2008 from April 7–10, 2008, at the Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center in Orlando, FL. The United States Postal Service (USPS) is the official sponsor of this 17th annual conference.
“Satisfying our attendees’ appetites for operations and fulfillment solutions is easy at NCOF 2008,” said Robin Altman, Penton group show director. “From our Newcomers welcoming reception, to our one-on-one consulting sessions with key topical experts, NCOF is the industry’s only face-to-face meeting place for everything O and F.”
New offerings available throughout the conference include:
· More Labor Management Educational Options: Attendees ranked labor management as their top issue and the biggest operations and fulfillment challenge they face. NCOF 2008 presents an entire specialized track, “People Management,” as well as roundtable discussions. This topic is also integrated into other sessions.
· New Topics, New Formats: “40 Ideas to Reduce Shipping Costs — Survivor-Style” is just one example of how NCOF 2008 will provide relevant information in a unique way. Audience members at the Thursday, April 10 session will have the opportunity to “eliminate” experts, so the one with the best cost-cutting ideas remains.
· Free One-on-One Consulting: Need help troubleshooting shipping issues? Experts in shipping, seasonality, distribution center layout, packaging, negotiating, and more will be on-call and ready to help, with 20-minute appointments, in the Exhibit Hall.
· Session Tracks: NCOF’s session tracks help attendees to target and focus on the areas most critical to their job function. Attendees can choose from material handling, people management, distribution management, and customer experience tracks. Special session icons identify special sessions for Smaller Operations and Executive Level attendees.
· Pre-Conference Workshops Expanded to Include More Options: In addition to full-day intensive workshops, Pre-Conference Workshop attendees, on Monday, April 7, now have the option to mix and match half-day sessions in the morning and afternoon, to expand their workshop topic opportunities.
· Trends Research: NCOF will reveal the results from up -to-the -minute survey on fulfillment, returns, contact center benchmarks, and distribution center trends. Wednesday, April 9th, the conference session, “Exclusive O+F Research Results,” will include recommended metrics and targets for inventory, logistics, and warehouse performance.
The 17th Annual National Conference on Operations & Fulfillment (NCOF), the operations and fulfillment conference for catalog, online and multichannel retailers, will take place April 7–10, 2008, at the Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center in Orlando, Fla. It is the only event focused exclusively on meeting the operations and fulfillment challenges of today’s direct commerce marketplace. Professionals in various areas of operations and fulfillment come to NCOF to get the latest ideas and solutions the industry has to offer on increasing efficiency and streamlining operations. The 2007 NCOF, which was co-produced by the Direct Marketing Association (DMA) and Multichannel Merchant magazine, attracted more than 150 exhibiting companies and approximately 1,500 attendees. For more information, or to register for NCOF 2008, visit www.ncof.com.
# # #
back to top