DMA07 to Focus on Corporate Responsibility; Making the World a Better Place, One Direct Marketer at a Time
October 4, 2007 — The words “trust” and “trusted” can be found at least a dozen times in the DMA07 Conference & Exhibition booklet, describing educational offerings aimed at maintaining consumer trust and bolstering loyalty. From keynoter Kenneth Cole’s social activism, to a session entitled “Is Your Future Green? It Better Be,” the Direct Marketing Association (DMA) has taken definitive steps to ensure that its largest event of the year reflects the Association’s belief that direct marketing needs to be synonymous with corporate responsibility.
That sentiment will be evident throughout DMA07, the multichannel marketing event of the year, which will be held October 13–18 at McCormick Place West in Chicago. From keynote speeches to individual sessions and entire programming tracks, DMA07 is serious about protecting consumers, and thereby protecting direct marketers.
“In today’s world, companies are judged not just by the products or services they provide, but for how they interact with their customers, and with the world around them,” said Patricia Kachura, DMA’s senior vice president for corporate responsibility. “Companies that engage responsibly and respectfully with consumers create a foundation of trust that can contribute greatly to long-term brand loyalty and business success. And beyond individual relationships, today’s consumers are more frequently looking at broader themes of corporate social responsibility, such as community, environmental, and charitable commitments.”
DMA07 sessions and keynote presentations that focus on themes relating to corporate responsibility include:
· Kenneth Cole’s kickoff keynote, “Responsible Leadership in Responsible Times,” at 9:30 a.m. on Monday, October 15.
· The 10-session conference educational track, “Retention and Loyalty Marketing,” offered all Monday through Wednesday, October 15–17.
· The session, “Is Your Future Green? It Better Be,” from 11 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. on Monday, October 15.
· The session, “Do Customers Trust Your Email?” from 9 to 10 a.m. on Wednesday, October 17.
· The session, “Building Customer Trust: What to Do, How to Do It,” from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Wednesday, October 17.
· The Post-Conference Intensive, “Online Consumer Trust,” from 2 to 4 p.m. on Wednesday, October 17, and continuing on Thursday, October 18 from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
In addition, Kachura said DMA’s Corporate Responsibility staff will host four special briefings for conferees on:
· Email authentication and reputation at 11 a.m. on Monday, October 15.
· DMA environmental programs at 3 p.m. on Monday, October 15.
· Providing consumers choice in receipt of mail at 11:15 on Tuesday, October 16.
· DMA guidelines on list management for data compilers/list managers and brokers at 2:45 p.m. on Tuesday, October 16.
In addition to speakers and programming, Kachura said DMA will introduce a special Corporate Responsibility Resource Center at DMA07. “Here, attendees will be able to speak with DMA’s Corporate Responsibility team to learn about our ever-growing portfolio of useful tools and practical information on how to be a good, responsible corporate citizen in today’s marketplace.” Among other things, she said delegates will be able to gather information on consumer trust, the environment, email authentication, data-compiler guidelines, as well as other DMA ethical business guidelines.
“We have made a special effort to make sure that corporate responsibility — in all its complex facets — is represented in our programming for DMA07,” said Kachura. “From a customer perspective, a regulatory perspective, and an economic perspective, DMA wants to make sure that all of our members have the information and the tools they need to lead the way in responsible marketing.”
About DMA07 Conference & Exhibition
DMA07, the largest gathering of direct marketing professionals, is DMA’s annual conference and exhibition. DMA07 will feature more than 150 educational sessions, plus roundtables, case studies, white papers and research reports. DMA07’s exhibit hall will feature more than 500 exhibiting companies. For more information, or to register for the six-day multichannel marketing event of the year, please visit www.dma07.org or call 1.800.293.7279 or 330.425.9330.
# # #
back to top