DMA's Special Interest Councils Present Fresh Offerings at DMA07 in Chicago
September 18, 2007 — Just as many wires can plug into one big power source, everything marketing converges at DMA07 Conference & Exhibiton. Then all that renewed energy flows back out through a network of marketing branches. And the Direct Marketing Association (DMA) has a special interest council for 20 of them! Committed to bringing innovative, relevant offerings to the largest gathering of direct marketing professionals, this year DMA will be welcoming brand-new councils, and offering a host of exciting events and networking opportunities.
Whether attendees choose to hold counsel with the newly acquired Email Experience Council or glimpse into the world of Analytics Council events, delegates will get the inside view of special interest Councils during DMA07 Conference & Exhibition, which will be held October 13–18 at McCormick Place West in Chicago.
“DMA07 brings direct marketers of all specialties under one roof, where they can share insights and learn from one another conveniently and easily,” said Theresa R. Bartlett, DMA’s director of special interest councils. “This is an amazing opportunity for marketers to improve their skills — perhaps via avenues they’d never before considered. For example, an email marketer can learn from an analytics professional, and vice versa.”
Special Interest Councils
“We’re excited to have so many new offerings this year,” said Bartlett. “The Email Experience Council, or simply EEC, joined DMA in July, and the month before, the Marketing Technology Council re-launched with a new name and mission; the Search Engine Marketing Council presented an all-new agenda along with fresh events and educational opportunities; and the Analytics Council expanded its outreach efforts beyond analytic practitioners, to include decision-makers who will profit from utilizing analytic methodologies. We are also so pleased to be welcoming the new Creative Council to our roster.”
"On behalf of the entire Email Experience Council community, I cannot express how excited we are to be involved with the DMA 2007 annual event,” said Jeanniey Mullen, EEC senior partner and executive director for global email marketing at OgilvyOne Worldwide. “Our council is comprised of some of the world's most well-known experts in the email marketing space. DMA07 offers us the opportunity to share our passions with other category experts, and drive forward our broader mission of creating effective direct marketing experiences."
These diverse thought leadership groups are bringing their innovations to DMA07, offering insights, best practices, and networking and educational opportunities.
Here is a sampling of DMA07’s extensive Council offerings.
Council Networking Events
Adding a bit of pizzazz to a meeting is always a plus. The order of business here is to network and make connections within a specialty area. Separate registration is required.
· Analytics Council Networking Reception — Sunday, October 14, from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. — $65
· Broadcast Council Networking Reception — Sunday, October 14, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. — No fee; separate registration is required. To register visit http://www.the-dma.org/cgi/eventregistration?mtgcode=CTV0208
· Customer Relationship Management Council Educational Networking Breakfast — Tuesday, October 16, from 7:30 to 9:00 a.m. — $45
· Direct Marketing Agency Council Educational Brunch — Sunday, October 14, from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. — $65
· Financial Services Council Open Business Breakfast Meeting — Monday, October 15, from 7:30 to 9 a.m. — $45
· Financial Services Council Networking Reception and Dinner — Monday, October 15, from 7 to 10 p.m. — $115
· International Council Networking Reception — Monday, October 15, from 6 to 7:30 p.m. — $45
· List and Database Council Continuity Breakfast — Tuesday, October 16, from 7:30 to 9:00 a.m. — No fee; registration is required. To register go to: http://www.the-dma.org/councilevents/DMA07listcouncil/
· Search Engine Marketing and Email Experience Councils Joint Networking Reception — Saturday, October 13, from 5 to 6 p.m. — $65
· Teleservices Council Networking Reception — Sunday, October 14, from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. — $65
· Travel and Hospitality Council Networking Breakfast — Monday, October 15, from 7:30 to 9:00 a.m. — $45
For more information on these council networking events and to register, visit: http://the-dma.org/conferences/dma07/specialinterestcouncil.shtml#events.
Please note: Although admission is free for the Broadcast Council Networking Reception and List and Database Council Continuity Breakfast, special registration is required for these two events at the following links: http://www.the-dma.org/cgi/eventregistration?mtgcode=CTV0208 (for the Broadcast Council Networking Reception), and http://www.the-dma.org/councilevents/DMA07listcouncil/ (for the List and Database Council Continuity Breakfast).
Additional Council Offerings
Councils are making their presence felt beyond meetings and networking receptions. Here are just a few examples of educational sessions offered during DMA07:
· Analytics Council (co-sponsor): “Analytics Challenge: Top Analysts Pit Their Models Against Each Other” — Monday, October 15, from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m.
· Broadcast Council: Pre-Conference Intensive: “Direct Response Television — DRTV” — Saturday, October 13 from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., and Sunday, October 14 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
· Customer Relations Management Council: “CRM — Is It Still Relevant?” — Monday, October 15 from 3 to 4:15 p.m.
· Direct Marketing Agency Council: “Learn How to Build Brand and Demand Faster Than Ever Before” — Monday, October 15, from 11 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
· Directo: Council for Hispanic Marketing: “Hispanic Relationship Marketing: From Targeting to Engagement” — Tuesday, October 16 from 2:45 to 4 p.m.
· Financial Services Council:
“Making Money the Old-Fashioned Way . . . Print It!”— Monday, October 15, from 11 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
“Use of Consumer Credit Data for Marketing — An Ever-Changing Landscape” — Monday, October 15, from 3:00 to 4:15 p.m.
· Marketing Technology Council: Post-Conference Intensive: “Marketing Automation” — Wednesday, October 17 From 2 to 4 p.m. and Thursday, October 18, from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
· Teleservices Council:
“What’s Hot and What’s Not in the B-to-B Multichannel World” — Monday, October 15, from 3 to 4:15 p.m.
“Revive Your Data Now! Three Revenue-Boosting Strategies for Telemarketing Success” — Monday, October 15, from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m.
“A Look at Legislative and Regulatory Issues Affecting DM Channels” — Tuesday, October 16, from 11:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
The Councils Lounge
· Relax in a quiet setting with Internet access and refreshments.
This is just a sampling of the many Council innovations and exciting surprises in store. Imagination is the key to new possibilities, and possibilities will abound at DMA07
About DMA07 Conference & Exhibition
DMA07, the largest gathering of direct marketing professionals, is DMA’s annual conference and exhibition. DMA07 will feature more than 150 educational sessions, plus roundtables, case studies, white papers and research reports. DMA07’s exhibit hall will be brimming with exhibits from more than 500 companies. For more information, or to register for the six-day multichannel marketing event of the year, please visit www.dma07.org or call 1.800.293.7279 or 330.425.9330.
About DMA Councils
DMA’s special interest councils are communities of committed professionals focused on a specific direct marketing segment or media channel. Each council provides a forum for discussing common interests and sharing information. For information about DMA’s 20 councils, visit www.the-dma.org/councils. Details about all council events are available at www.the-dma.org/events.
# # #
back to top