FTC and DMA to Host June 15 'Rules of the Road' Workshop in Boston
June 8, 2007 — On Friday, June 15, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and the Direct Marketing Association (DMA) will co-sponsor an exciting and informative one-day workshop, entitled “Green Lights & Red Flags – FTC Rules of the Road for Advertisers and Marketers.”
The all-day workshop, held at the Boston Park Plaza Hotel, will feature FTC attorneys and marketers discussing what you need to know about complying with federal and state consumer laws.
· FTC Advertising Law: Understanding the Rules of the Road — The FTC’s approach to ad claims, disclosures, endorsements, and substantiation
· Secure Entrepreneur: Best practices for avoiding, assessing, and addressing a data security breach
· Avoiding a Promotion Commotion: Commercial email, telemarketing, and continuity offers: How does a marketer comply with the law?
· Keeping Your Client Compliant: Your responsibilities to your business partners, clients and customers, and affiliates
· If the Government Comes to Call: The inside story on state and federal consumer protection investigations
· DMA’s Self-Regulatory Guidelines and Compliance Monitoring Program: Programs to help members “do the right thing” for consumers and their bottom line.
· Attendees will enjoy a continental breakfast and lunch, and will receive a CD of all workshop materials.
To register and for more information, go to http://www.the-dma.org/greenlights.
# # #
back to top