DMA Board Elects Eugene Raitt 2010 Chairman of the Board; Twelve New Directors Join Board at Annual Business Meeting
October 19, 2009 — The Direct Marketing Association (DMA) Board of Directors today announced the election of new officers and Board members for 2010-2011. The terms of office commenced at DMA’s Annual Business Meeting, which was held today at the US Grant Hotel in San Diego.
2010 DMA Officers
Allied World Assurance Company Senior Vice President — Accident & Health and Chief Marketing Officer, Asia Eugene R. Raitt was elected DMA Chairman of the Board for 2010. Raitt, who served as Board vice chairman in 2009, succeeds American Institute for Cancer Research Executive Vice President & Chief Operating Officer Kelly B. Browning who will continue to serve on the Board.
In addition, DMA Board members elected the following officers:
· Vice Chairman: David S. Williams, President & CEO, Merkle Inc.
· Treasurer: G. Steven Dapper, Chairman & Founder, hawkeye
· Secretary: Brian Wolfe, Executive Vice President Consumer Marketing & Sales,
Members of the DMA Board of Directors
Prior to the election of new officers, twelve new members were approved to join the Board at DMA’s Annual Business Meeting. The new Board members are:
· Chris Bradley, President & CEO, Cuddledown
· Matt Blumberg, CEO & Chairman, Return Path
· Ken A. Dawson, Chief Marketing Officer, Infocision
· Arjan Dijk, Director of Global Acquisition Marketing, Google
· Bill L. Fairfield, Chief Executive Officer, infoGROUP Inc.
· Edwin P. Garrubbo, Chief Executive Officer, Creative Commerce, LLC
· John B. Kahan, General Manager, Business and Customer Intelligence, Online Services Division, Microsoft
· John A. Meyer, Chief Executive Officer and President, Acxiom
· Gian-Carlo Peressutti, Senior Vice President – Public Affairs, RR Donnelley
· Nicholas P. Staheyeff, Vice President, Chief Financial Officer International, eBay International AG
· David R. Verklin, Chief Executive Officer, Canoe Ventures, LLC
· David A. Williams, President & Chief Executive Officer, Make-A-Wish Foundation ® of America
The incoming officers and twelve new DMA Board members join the following current Board members:
· Bill Bass, President, Charming Shoppes Direct
· Ronald L. Bliwas, 2005 Chairman, President/CEO A. Eicoff & Company
· Kelly B. Browning, Executive Vice President & Chief Operating Officer, American Institute for Cancer Research
· Glen S. Eisen, Executive Vice President Direct Marketing, Guthy-Renker LLC
· Rick Erwin, President Data Division, Experian Marketing Services
· Nancy Evensen, President & CEO, NetNow Video
· Andrew Goldberg, President/CEO, Publishers Clearing House
· John A. Greco, Jr, President & CEO, Direct Marketing Association
· Brian Fetherstonhaugh, Chairman & CEO, OgilvyOne Worldwide
· Steve Fuller, Chief Marketing Officer, L.L. Bean Inc.
· Susan D. Goodman, CEO, Goodman&Company
· Karen R. Haefling, Chief Marketing & Communications Officer, KeyBank
· John V. Healy, Chief Executive Officer, Dydacomp Development Corporation
· Rueben Hendell, Chief Executive Officer, MRM Worldwide
· George Ittner, President, The Territory Ahead
· Leslie Abi-Karam, Executive Vice President & President Mailing Solutions Management, Pitney Bowes Inc.
· Stephen M. Lacy, 2006 Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer, Meredith Corporation
· Gary S. Laben, Chief Executive Officer, KnowledgeBase Marketing Inc., Chairman,
Direct Marketing Educational Foundation
· Yuchun Lee, Chairman & CEO Unica Corporation
· Mary L. Miller, Senior Vice President/Chief Marketing Officer, PetSmart
· Matt O’Grady, President, Nielsen Claritas
· Godfred P. Otuteye, President & CEO, Money Mailer LLC
· Gerry Pike, Managing Director, DMSA, Inc
· Joel Quadracci, President & CEO, Quad/Graphics, Inc.
· Donn Rappaport, CEO, Zumbox Chairman ALC
· Arun Sinha, Chief Marketing & Communications Officer, Zurich Financial Services
· Gary Skidmore, President, Corporate Officer, Harte-Hanks, Inc.
· Pat Snyder, Senior Vice President of Merchandising & Marketing, Cabela’s
· Markus Wilhelm, 2007 Chairman, CEO, AKS Marketing and Media
· Dawn Zier, President- Global Consumer Marketing, Reader’s Digest Association
About Direct Marketing Association (DMA)
The Direct Marketing Association (www.the-dma.org) is the leading global trade association of businesses and nonprofit organizations using and supporting multichannel direct marketing tools and techniques. DMA advocates standards for responsible marketing, promotes relevance as the key to reaching consumers with desirable offers, and provides cutting-edge research, education, and networking opportunities to improve results throughout the end-to-end direct marketing process. Founded in 1917, DMA today represents more than 3,100 companies from dozens of vertical industries in the US and 48 other nations, including half of the Fortune 100 companies, as well as nonprofit organizations.
# # #
back to top