NCOF Conference in Las Vegas to Feature New Programs, Events, and Content
February 24, 2009 — The Direct Marketing Association (DMA) and Multichannel Merchant today announced the special features added to this year’s National Conference on Operations & Fulfillment (NCOF). In addition to the tried and true strategies of Ask the Experts sessions and the Executive Summit, this year’s 19th annual conference will also include an NCOF First-Timers event, an Onsite Tour at Zappos.com, and an Event Mentor Program.
NCOF, co-produced by DMA and Multichannel Merchant, is sponsored by the United States Postal Service and runs March 23-26 at the Rio All-Suite Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada. The 2009 special features are a sure bet for attendees looking to get the most out of their NCOF experience. Whether an attendee is a novice or a pro, there is at least one winning strategy to pick up in Las Vegas.
“NCOF is stacked with rich education and networking opportunities. Our lineup of special features will really showcase this,” said Yasmin Melendez, DMA’s group show director. “Whether you’re invited to the First-Timers event or are already signed up to be a mentor — NCOF covers it all.”
“Attending even just one of the NCOF special features is a sure bet to get the most out of our information- and solution-packed sessions,” said Angela Eastin, group show director, Penton Media. “The impressive educational offerings, coupled with the sheer variety of our special features will give attendees multiple solutions to all their operations and fulfillment needs.”
NCOF 2009 Special Features:
· Ask the Experts — Free, private, 15-minute, one-on-one consultations and advice on all operations and fulfillment topics. (Not open to press.)
· Executive Summit at NCOF — Participate in a full day of executive peer exchange in areas such as key management issues, sales, distribution, workforce, and more. (Separate registration required; not open to press.)
· First-Timers Unite — Invitation only event where attendees will gather at a welcome reception complete with light refreshments, alumni, advisors, and NCOF experts to ensure the conference experience is a win-win for everyone.
· Onsite Tour at Zappos.com — Zappos University’s unorthodox approach to talent management has increased their employee retention and engagement. NCOF attendees will get an intimate look at what makes Zappos.com a great place to work.
· Event Mentor Program — Meeting new people and navigating all that NCOF 2009 has to offer can be challenging. Being a mentor will not only help this year’s First-Timers toward the most advantageous utilization of their time, but it will also help attendees network.
The National Conference for Operations & Fulfillment (NCOF) is the only conference for catalog, online, and multichannel retailers. NCOF is dedicated to providing information, ideas, and trends in operations management to help companies achieve greater productivity, efficiency, quality, cost control, customer satisfaction, and profitability. With a 19-year track record of success delivering buyers and sellers of operations and fulfillment products, services and systems, NCOF’s unique back-end focus makes it an important educational resource for direct-to-customer business.
About Multichannel Merchant
Multichannel Merchant is the leading information source for senior-level executives at catalog, online, retail and b-to-b merchants. Its suite of print, online and event services takes these industry professionals to the heart of multichannel retailing, helping them stay on top of tactics and techniques that are crucial to improving market share and profitability—while integrating front-end and back-end operations and everything in between. Its editors provide the expert strategic advice and practical techniques that operations professionals urgently need to improve efficiencies, productivity, cost savings, and customer service covering the entire fulfillment process—from the moment an order is entered to its delivery at the customer’s doorstep. For more information, visit http://www.multichannelmerchant.com.
About Direct Marketing Association (DMA)
The Direct Marketing Association (www.the-dma.org) is the leading global trade association of businesses and nonprofit organizations using and supporting multichannel direct marketing tools and techniques. DMA advocates standards for responsible marketing, promotes relevance as the key to reaching consumers with desirable offers, and provides cutting-edge research, education, and networking opportunities to improve results throughout the end-to-end direct marketing process. Founded in 1917, DMA today represents more than 3,400 companies from dozens of vertical industries in the US and 48 other nations, including half of the Fortune 100 companies, as well as nonprofit organizations.
# # #
back to top